The Company - A. V. Knowles & Co.
As the Caribbean's #1 DEBT COLLECTION
& CREDIT REPORTING Agency
headquartered in Trinidad & Tobago, we handle all Bad Debt
Collections on a contingency basis ("No Collection, No
Charge"), and provide Free Listing and circulation for members of
all delinquencies through the most widely used Business Information &
Credit Risk Management Database in the area.
- 1985 - Became the 1st specialized Debt Collection Company in Trinidad & Tobago owned and managed by Attorneys at Law.
- 1985 - Offered All Clients "NO WIN NO FEE" contingency plan for debt collection.
- 1986 - Includes legal services of Attorneys free with debt collection.
- 1986 - Launches fully Computerized Collection Management System - CCMS.
- 1985 - Established the 1st clear title search company on used vehicles in Trinidad & Tobago by vehicle number – The HP Register Limited.
- 1986 - Established 1st delinquency database in Trinidad & the Caribbean for reporting bad debts.
- 1995 - Recognized as partner of choice by Government Public Utilities & all commercial banks in Trinidad & Tobago for debt collection services.
- 1996 - Launches 1st Mobile Protection service for inspection & valuation of used vehicles- Motor Critic Limited.
- 1999 - Admitted to membership in American Collectors Association.
- 2001 - Became Trinidadian partner for Global Credit Solutions - a world leader in Credit Management services.
- 2001 - Admitted to international membership of IACC (International Association of Commercial Collectors).
- 2002 - Launches online database credit check service for member clients.
- 2002 - Appointed legal correspondent & distributor for Dun & Bradstreet in Trinidad.
- 2003 - Launches business credit reporting division.
- 2005 - A. V. Knowles appointed as Regional Director for Global Credit Solutions in the Caribbean.
- 2007 - A. V. Knowles recognized as Caribbean partner for "TCM Group International".
- 2008 - Trinidad Client Base crosses 1500 mark. Current debt portfolio for 3rd party Collections crosses 15,000 mark.
- 2009 - A.V. Knowles & Co. admitted to Membership in “ League Of International Creditors.” Online delinquency data base now expanded to include all Major Commercial BANKS in Trinidad.
- 2010 - 25th Anniversary YEAR- A.V. Knowles Group celebrates a milestone quarter century. A.V. Knowles & Co. acquires own building in Penitence Street, San Fernando office to house Southern operations. Active foreign Debt portfolio crosses 1500 mark.
- 2011 - A.V. Knowles appointed Director of IACC & Chairman of International Development Committee. A.V. Knowles & Co. launches latest outsourcing subsidiary, in Trinidad, CIM LIMITED, covering 1st party Credit Management services.